At Speed-IX our NOC and programmers working daily to build better products for our users. We do this commercial and non-commercial, and all on behalf of a technical better internet. We consider the security of our systems a top priority but unfortunately, we’re still human and therefore we can make security mistakes in our daily job, so there can still be vulnerabilities present.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to email@example.com.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data,
- Do not reveal the problem to others,
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will be thankful to you showing us the vulnerability you found.
- We will respond to your report as soon as possible of the report and an expected resolution date.
- If you have followed the instructions above, you’re the boss and we will give you a hug. Of course, we will not take any legal action against you but you will be a friend for life!
- In exceptional cases, depending on the impact on the issue (low, medium, high, critical, exceptional) we might reward you financially.
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and never pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise), and as a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem that was not yet known to us. The amount of the reward will be determined based on the severity of the leak and the quality of the report.
Any web properties owned by Speed-IX are in scope for the program. Including:
This responsible disclosure is meant for those who find serious issues what can or will affect the software service or user data. Therefore these items are excluded:
- Issues which are already sent (you must be the first with the rapport).
- Physical attacks against Speed-IX or Speed-IX employees, offices, and data centers.
- Misconfigured header items.
- Being an individual on, or residing in any country on, any European sanctions lists.
- Social engineering of Speed-IX or Speed-IX employees, contractors, vendors, or service providers.
- Knowingly posting, transmitting, uploading, linking to, or sending any malware.
- Speed-IX user their web applications are out of scope.
- Misconfigured domain name DNS records.
- Pursuing vulnerabilities which send unsolicited bulk messages (spam) or unauthorized messages.
- Any vulnerability obtained through the compromise of a Speed-IX or Speed-IX customer or employee accounts. If you need to test a vulnerability, please create a free account.
Eligibility and disclosure
In order for your submission to be eligible:
- You must agree to this Responsible disclosure policy.
- You must be the first person to responsibly disclose an unknown issue.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.