Become a SpeedIX community Partner
The SpeedIX is based on Members and Partners. A Partner is part of the SpeedIX physical infrastructure community.
- Your data center(s) is known as the official SpeedIX Point of Presence. Because SpeedIX is the 3rd largest Exchange in the Netherlands it’s a “must-have” for every datacenter.
- You will add value to your core services. You probably will sell more because they will be connected to a wider audience, within and without your own network and/or datacenter.
- – Your existing clients will be happy to use free 10G peering ports (and therefore will stay longer in your colocation facility).
– It will attract new colocation users because users do not have to pay any more for a default amount of peering or transport connectivity.
– Your users will be able to purchase many more transit providers and be flexible in adding or removing them virtually.
- If you have your own IP connected services, you can sell your services in any other connected SpeedIX datacenter. In most cases, you will be able to do this without Layer 2 transport costs! Therefore selling is way much easier!
- You will sell more cross-connects to your colocation users.
- Your add demonstrable value to the European peering climate. Better known as “Corporate Social Responsibility” (Dutch: “Maatschappelijk verantwoord ondernemen”). Your clients will be happy about this.
- You can place the “Official SpeedIX Partner PoP” logo on your company website.
- You offer a lower risk Internet Exchange to your clients. More you can read here.
- Your datacenter will receive a metal “Official SpeedIX Partner PoP” plate which you can add to your entrance wall.
- You are able to sell extra ports and/or port upgrades and extra services to Members within your own PoP locations. You can use your own pricing for your part of the network infrastructure. For example, when a user wants to have a 10G VLAN upgrade from you to another PoP, this user will contact you for pricing over your infrastructure and the other Partner for the other part of the route. You can ask 1,- EUR or 1000,- EUR per service, it’s up to you, because it’s your part of the network.
- If you have your own connectivity network, you can become a Member yourself and use the SpeedIX for free internet data traffic between other datacenters.
- Once a year (in summertime) you can join the known “SpeedIX partner party”.
- You have your own (leased) dark-fiber or WDM paths which you (partly) want to add to the SpeedIX network to be a substantial part of the SpeedIX technical infrastructure. You sponsor these resources, and other resources such as any working time, colocation, power, etc to enable and keep your part of the SpeedIX possible.
- You embrace the idea of community-based data sharing.
- You will take your responsibility to offer good services and will therefore monitor and maintain your part of the SpeedIX network infrastructure (or let some other parties do this for you).
- You are willing to connect your (transport) network to other SpeedIX PoP’s and offer free 10G peering ports to Members within your own environment. If needed, you will update your upgrade your infrastructure and connection to other SpeedIX PoP’s to keep offering free ports to users. Your intention is to keep the offered services to your SpeedIX Members as high as possible.
- You accept that there is no written agreement used on the basis of the SpeedIX and its use of service. You understand that SpeedIX is a collective of participants, where users make use of SpeedIX without any obligation, were none of which accepts any form of liability. You will use SpeedIX “as is” without any guarantee, you promise and accept, never, ever to hold anyone liable for any form of (possible) damage.
- You will respect all Members, Partners, and the SpeedIX B.V. community administrators, and the European or Dutch law.
- You will use SpeedIX with only good intentions, and you will use the SpeedIX with care.
- You will respect the SpeedIX PoP location where other Partners already are located.
- You will allow other Members or Partners to sell their connectivity services in your datacenter(s).
To apply for membership you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org